'How I Met Your Mother': Robin Sparkles Goes Grunge (Video)
Viewers of CBS' comedy got to see how Robin Daggers was born -- and her career died.
How I Met Your Mother viewers got to see Robin Sparkles in grunge mode Monday night.
In the HIMYM episode, MuchMusic's Underneath the Tunes (a Canadian Behind the Music-type show) takes a look at how pop princess Robin Sparkles (Cobie Smulders) became grunge/goth girl Robin Daggers. Jason Priestley, Alex Trebek, k.d. lang and Paul Shaffer, among others, pop up to talk about her transformation, which, it is revealed, effectively put an end to her career.
Along with the revelation, a fourth video is unearthed by the gang that features Robin in dark flannel, cutoff jeans, black tights and boots along with heavy eyeliner.
The song, "P.S. I Love You," in the vein of Alanis Morissette's "You Oughta Know," which has been rumored to be about Dave Coulier -- who, incidentally, also made an appearance on Monday's HIMYM to insist that Robin's song is not about him.
Among the lyrics: "I never move on and it'll always be you/Every guy that I'm with I'll be thinking of you/If I ever get married he'll always be second to you/Oh I'll always be waiting for you."
She later sings: "The law can't stop my love/I'll fit you like a glove/Restraining orders don't scare me."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR