Robin Roberts to Write Memoir
The "Good Morning America" co-anchor, who recently received a bone marrow transplant, will focus on her battle against illness in a book to be published in April 2014.
Robin Roberts will write a memoir about her battle against a rare blood and bone marrow disease to be published in April of next year.
The Good Morning America co-host, sidelined for nearly six months following a bone marrow transplant in September, returned to her ABC job in February. Earlier this week, she earned a standing ovation at the Peabody Awards in New York City, where ABC News won honors for "Robin's Journey," a segment chronicling her transplant.
Her yet-to-be-titled book, which will also arrive in audio form, was acquired by Grand Central Publishing, an imprint of the Hachette Book Group.
"I have long admired Robin Roberts’s career and courage and am so honored to be publishing her book," said Jamie Raab, president and publisher of Grand Central, in a statement Wednesday. "Her story is both dramatic and inspiring, and will capture the incredible spirit that has endeared her to all of us who have followed her remarkable career and life."
Roberts is not a first-time author: in 2007, she released the inspirational From the Heart, 7 Rules to Live By, which became a New York Times best-seller.
"I am humbled that many have an interest, and draw strength from my on-going journey," Roberts said of her new book deal. "I'm grateful for the prayers and well wishes of so many people. I’m thrilled that Jamie Raab and Grand Central Publishing will help me tell my story."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche