'Robot Chicken' Duo Launch Animation Studio
Seth Green and Matthew Senreich pact with Buddy Systems to create Stoopid Buddy Stoodios and will produce tribute episode to DC Comics universe.
Robot Chicken duo Seth Green and Matthew Senreich are teaming for the launch of an animated studio.
Dubbed Stoopid Buddy Stoodios -- based on the name of their Stoopid Monkey Productions shingle, the duo will partner with Buddy Systems' John Harvatine IV and Eric Towner for all animated projects going forward.
Together they'll create production space for all animated joint and individual projects and house outside productions in the full-service stop-motion animation production facility.
Stoopid Monkey and Buddy Systems teamed in July for the launch of YouTube series Stoopid Monkey.
The 2010 Emmy winner for animated shortform series, Robot Chicken will air its 100th episode on Jan. 15, with Green and Senreich working on a tribute episode to the characters in the DC Comics universe.
The duo also are executive producing a White House drama with Jon Favreau, Roberto Orci, Michael Dougherty, Alex Kurtzman and Heather Kadin for ABC.
UTA packaged the deal for Green and Senreich. The Gotham Group repped Harvatine and Towner in the deal.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)