'Rookie Blue' Renewed for Fifth Season at ABC
The summer drama, a Canadian co-production, gets an early nod only four episodes into its current run.
Rookie Blue is sticking around for another summer at ABC. The network has renewed its co-production from ICF Film and Entertainment One to return for a fifth season.
Word of the renewal first leaked on the series' official Twitter feed: "Season 5 confirmed! A big huge Thank You to all our amazing fans who made this happen! You renewed the blue!"
The drama, starring Missy Peregrym and Gregory Smith, has been a standby for the network since launching in 2010. And though ratings have dipped slightly this season -- the most recent episode pulled a 1.0 adults 18-to-49 rating, losing its time slot to NBC's Hollywood Game Night -- it is one of ABC's strongest originals this season.
Season five of Rookie Blue will resume production in Toronto. Tassie Cameron, Ilana Frank, David Wellington and John Morayniss serve as executive producers.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR