Rosie O'Donnell Slated to Appear on 'Today'
The former OWN talk show host will cover hot topics and field questions Tuesday on the NBC morning show's "The Professionals" panel.
Rosie O’Donnell will be making her first television appearance since signing off from her canceled OWN talk show.
An NBC News spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that O’Donnell will appear on its “The Professionals” panel on Tuesday.
First reported by The Huffington Post, the former talk show host will join the segment’s creator, former The View co-host Star Jones and former CNBC’s The Big Idea host Donny Deutsch.
The new regular Today segment tackles current hot topics and answers questions submitted by viewers.
Viewers may tune in to see if she talks about her show’s cancelation. And with ABC’s Good Morning America finally breaking Today’s 852-week ratings winning streak, NBC may be banking on that interest for a good spike in viewership.
OWN canceled O'Donnell's talk show in late-March due to low-ratings and several revamps. "It was fair," said O'Donnell, addressing the cancellation on the Chicago set of The Rosie Show."Listen: Oprah gave me an amazing shot at doing this. She really did. She put me back on TV. She believed in me. I didn't even know if I could do it again," she added.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR