Rosie O'Donnell Marries Michelle Rounds
The former talk show host quietly wed her longtime girlfriend, who is battling a rare disease, in June.
Rosie O'Donnell married her longtime girlfriend, Michelle Rounds, ahead of Rounds' June surgery to combat a rare and potentially fatal disease.
The former talk show host announced the news Monday on her personal blog, writing in her signature haiku style: "we married in private before her surgery just the 2 of us/when we r both well enough will have the wedding of r dreams surrounded by those we cherish thankful for the love and support so many have given us during these trying times."
Earlier this month, O'Donnell revealed Rounds' health scare and operation to remove desmoid tumors, "a non cancer that acts cancerous." According to the Desmoid Tumor Research Foundation, the tumors arise from connective tissue and are locally aggressive. While they don't have the capacity to metasize, or spread distantly, throughout the body, they can grow into and destroy adjacent normal tissue, including bones.
“Only 900 cases a year in the U.S., an orphan disease – beyond rare,” O’Donnell wrote at the time. “Only 3 people per million get this. Michelle is one of them.”
Also in August, the 50-year-old comedienne suffered a heart attack and said she was "saved by a TV commercial" because she took Bayer aspirin, based on information she absorbed from the ads.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting