Royal Baby Watch Hot Topic on U.S. Morning Shows
"Today," "Good Morning America" and "CBS This Morning" began broadcasts with reports on Kate Middleton, who went into labor early this morning.
The coming arrival of the British royal baby was topic No. 1 on Today, Good Morning America and CBS This Morning on Monday.
All three shows began with updates on the Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton, who's now in labor. NBC, ABC and CBS all provided live updates from their correspondents outside St. Mary's Hospital and Buckingham Palace.
In terms of the nature of the coverage, all of the reports seemed to focus on the timeline of Middleton and Prince William's arrival at the hospital, birth plans and the procedure by which the new heir to the British throne will be announced to the public.
On Today, Natalie Morales and NBC medical editor Dr. Nancy Snyderman reported from outside the Lindo Wing at St. Mary's Hospital. Snyderman described the general procedure for a woman in labor, which Kate is likely in the midst of. Morales noted that the scene outside the hospital has now become a bit of a tourist attraction.
Today then went to Keir Simmons outside Buckingham Palace, who said the crowd that had gathered was likely there for the changing of the guard. He did, however, note that Prince William's unborn child already seems to know who's boss since just days after the Queen remarked that she'd like the baby to be born before she goes on vacation, the baby's on its way.
On Good Morning America, Amy Robach reported from outside St. Mary's Hospital with Lara Spencer, back in the show's Times Square studio, noting that the duchess did go into labor during a full moon. Robach pointed out that despite the 90-degree heat in London, people seem to be excited for the birth.
CBS had Elizabeth Palmer outside the hospital and Mark Phillips outside Buckingham Palace.
All three networks noted that Queen Elizabeth is at Windsor Castle and Prince Charles is in York, where he told a reporter that he knew "absolutely nothing" in the way of news about the royal baby.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10