'Royal Pains,' 'Necessary Roughness' Continue USA Ratings Streak
After the strong launch of rookie law drama Suits last week, USA Network's other new show Necessary Roughness continued its summer hot streak.
Necessary Roughness, starring Rescue Me's Callie Thorne, kept nearly all of Royal Pain's audience in viewers (93 percent) and the adult demographics. To compare, Suits' premiere held 90 percent of Burn Notice's viewership last Thursday.
Launching to 4.7 million viewers at 10 p.m., the expanded Roughness pilot improved 20 percent compared with the premiere of Sarah Shahi's Fairly Legal earlier this year. Versus Legal, the therapy drama was up 29 percent (2 million) and 28 percent (1.8 million) in the 25-54 and 18-49 categories, respectively.
Veteran medical drama Royal Pains, set in the Hamptons, returned for its third season on Wednesday, improving 13 percent from its winter premiere with 5 million viewers tuning in at 9 p.m. The Mark Feuerestein-starrer improved 16 percent in the 25-54 (2.1 million) and 23 percent in the 18-49 (1.8 million) demos.
But, versus the season opener last June when Pains attracted 5.8 million, the hourlong is down slightly in the ratings.
No official decision has been made yet on when Psych will launch later this fall and whether it will serve as a lead-in or a lead-out.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10