'Rules of Engagement' Episode Order Cut
CBS pulls back on its commitment to the series to make room for its midseason Rob Schneider comedy.
In an effort to make room for its Rob Schneider midseason comedy, CBS has cut the episode order for Thursday night comedy Rules of Engagement.
The network has cut five episodes from its David Spade, Patrick Warburton and Oliver Hudson comedy, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. The series will produce 13 episodes this season.
A source tells THR that the cutback provision has been part of the network's agreement when it picked up the comedy for a sixth season.
The series, which at CBS' upfront in May was scheduled to air on Saturdays but was quickly moved to the plumb post-Big Bang Theory time slot after freshman How to be a Gentleman tanked in October.
Since taking over the Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. slot, the comedy has performed well in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic, averaging a 3.7.
The move creates space for CBS' Rob Schneider comedy, about a tight-knit Mexican-American family, that the network ordered to series in September with the intention to premiere the series midseason.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR