'Russian Dolls': Lifetime's Version of 'Jersey Shore' (Video)
The new reality show follows the Russian-American families of Brighton Beach, New York.
Move over Jersey Shore — Russian Dolls has arrived.
When MTV’s Jersey Shore created a fist-pumping, hair-gelling fan frenzy, production began on an all-Russian-American version of the show, following some crazy kids in the Russian enclave of Brighton Beach, Brooklyn.
The short preview for the show, which will air on Lifetime, proves the reality series will be more of the same — drinking, flirting and fighting. But with a blonder cast and more techno music.
One significant difference between Russian Dolls and its Italian-American counterpart is that Dolls will not only focus on the young, but also on an older generation of Russian-Americans.
Executive produced by Banks Tarver and Ken Druckerman (Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane, This American Life), Russian Dolls premieres on Lifetime on Aug. 11 at 10:30 p.m.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR