Ryan Lochte Reality Series Canceled After One Season
The E! series featuring the Olympic swimmer ended its run in May and averaged 440,000 total viewers over its eight-episode run.
E! is no longer swimming alongside Olympian Ryan Lochte.
The cable network has opted to cancel unscripted entry What Would Ryan Lochte Do? after one low-rated season, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.
As first reported by TV Line, the series that followed the Olympic swimmer training for the 2016 Games, his personal life and empire, ended its eight-episode run in May averaging just 440,000 total viewers. (Meanwhile, a source close to E! says the network does want to work with the athlete and personality again in the future.)
The series received a sizable marketing push for the gold medalist in April, but opened to a paltry 807,000 viewers, losing nearly half of its E! news special lead-in featuring Ryan Seacrest interviewing the Kardashian family.
Lochte fielded multiple reality show offers after sporting a diamond American-flag grill at the summer Olympics and ultimately landed the docuseries at E! after guest roles on 30 Rock and 90210.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR