Ryan Murphy Sells Family Thriller to Fox, Comedy to NBC
The "Glee" co-creator, busy with three series on the air, will executive produce both projects alongside Dante Di Loreto.
Ryan Murphy has added two development projects to his already-crowded plate.
The Glee, American Horror Story and The New Normal co-creator has sold a family thriller to Fox and a comedy to NBC through his production company, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Montauk, set up at Fox, takes place in the small Long Island town of Montauk and is described as a family thriller with conspiracy element. It's unclear if the drama is connected to the Montauk Project, a series of secret U.S. government projects conducted by the Air Force on the small island with the intent of creating psychological warfare techniques and research including time travel.
Apollo 18 scribe Brian Miller will write and executive produce the project. The project extends his relationship with Murphy as the duo are also teaming for a sci-fi feature set up at Sony.
Meanwhile, Matt Spicer and Max Winkler co-created the NBC comedy, whose plot details are being kept under wraps. Spicer will pen the script, with Winkler on board to direct and executive produce.
Murphy will executive produce both projects, which received script orders, alongside Ryan Murphy Television president Dante Di Loreto, who also serves as a producer on Fox's Glee, NBC's The New Normal and FX's American Horror Story.
Murphy went 1-for-1 last development season, co-creating with Ali Adler his first half-hour comedy, The New Normal.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)