Ryan Phillippe to Star in CBS' Greg Berlanti Cop Drama
He'll play the lead character in the pilot project that tracks one man's fast rise through the law enforcement ranks, joining Chi McBride and Kevin Alejandro.
Ryan Phillippe is going from playing a Julian Assange-type character to a cop on the rise.
The Lincoln Lawyer star, who will appear in the upcoming fifth and final season of DirecTV's Damages, has booked the starring role in CBS' untitled Greg Berlanti/Nicholas Wootton drama, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Phillippe will play the cop at the center of the story, who rises quickly through the ranks from officer to detective to police commissioner in the project, previously known as Golden Boy.
Phillippe joins the previously cast Chi McBride and Kevin Alejandro. Wootton is penning the pilot and will executive produce alongside Berlanti and Richard Shepard, who will direct the Warner Bros. TV drama.
Phillippe will play a Julian Assange-type character on Damages, when the series returns in the summer on DirecTV.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR