Sam Champion, 'Good Morning America' Weather Anchor, Marries Partner
Nuptials were held Friday at the broadcaster's New York City apartment.
Sam Champion has married his partner, Brazilian fine arts photographer Rubem Robierb.
The two tied the knot Friday afternoon at the Good Morning America weather anchor's apartment in Manhattan, People.com reports.
The ceremony was officiated by New York State Supreme Court Justice George J. Silver before guests including GMA's Robin Roberts, Lara Spencer and Josh Elliott. Roberts, in recovery from a bone marrow transplant this fall, read a poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. (According to the New York Post, she wore a "fitted red dress" and Robierb's mother and sisters Skyped in via Brazil for the occasion.)
Back in October, ABC announced Champion's engagement after a New York Times article about MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts' wedding quoted Champion making first public mention of the impending nuptials. It was a low-key coming-out, akin to when The Big Bang Theory Emmy winner Jim Parsons acknowledged that he's gay, the mention of which was buried in a Times story.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)