Sam Champion, 'Good Morning America' Weather Anchor, Marries Partner
Nuptials were held Friday at the broadcaster's New York City apartment.
Sam Champion has married his partner, Brazilian fine arts photographer Rubem Robierb.
The two tied the knot Friday afternoon at the Good Morning America weather anchor's apartment in Manhattan, People.com reports.
The ceremony was officiated by New York State Supreme Court Justice George J. Silver before guests including GMA's Robin Roberts, Lara Spencer and Josh Elliott. Roberts, in recovery from a bone marrow transplant this fall, read a poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. (According to the New York Post, she wore a "fitted red dress" and Robierb's mother and sisters Skyped in via Brazil for the occasion.)
Back in October, ABC announced Champion's engagement after a New York Times article about MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts' wedding quoted Champion making first public mention of the impending nuptials. It was a low-key coming-out, akin to when The Big Bang Theory Emmy winner Jim Parsons acknowledged that he's gay, the mention of which was buried in a Times story.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)