Sam Champion Reveals Name of New Weather Channel Show
The daily morning show will debut in mid-March.
With a few weeks before the debut of Sam Champion's new show on The Weather Channel, the pieces are starting to come together.
After promoting his new venture at the winter Television Critics Association press tour in mid-January, Champion -- who recently left Good Morning America after three decades -- revealed via Twitter the title of his new daily morning show: the simply titled AMHQ.
Though the title is short for America's Morning Headquarters, the network says the official name will remain AMHQ.
Champion's new show will debut in mid-March and will air weekdays from 7-10 a.m. ET.
Talking about the show at TCA, Champion said he hopes to keep viewers tuned into The Weather Channel for the entirety of the morning.
"I don't want you to have to surf to get your news headlines or business headlines," he told reporters Jan. 11, revealing that he has years of full-service morning-show experience that he's hoping to bring to the table.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)