Syfy's 'Sanctuary' Will Not Return for Season 5
The sci-fi drama starring Amanda Tapping wrapped its fourth season in December.
Syfy has pulled the plug on Sanctuary.
The sci-fi drama led by Stargate alum Amanda Tapping will not return for a fifth season, The Hollywood Reporter confirmed.
"We’re honored to have been part of this incredible series. In addition to garnering unmatched devotion by fans worldwide, Sanctuary was a bona fide trailblazer, setting new standards with its highly innovative production techniques – including pioneering green screen and RED camera technology – and Emmy-nominated visual effects," said Mark Stern, president, Syfy original content and co-head, UCP.
"It’s been an amazing ride and we look forward to our next project with Amanda Tapping, Martin Wood and Damian Kindler," the statement continued.
Tapping took to Twitter on Monday afternoon to address the series' fans and thank them for their support: "To all the fans of @SanctuarySeries we love and adore you. Thank you for the love and support. Now to the long dark tea time of my soul. :("
Sanctuary wrapped its 13-episode fourth season in December.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game