Sara Bareilles Joins 'The Sing-Off,' Replaces Nicole Scherzinger
The singer will serve as a judge on the NBC competition series, alongside Ben Folds and Boyz II Men's Shawn Stockman.
Singer-songwriter Sara Bareilles will join NBC's The Sing-Off as the third celebrity judge, NBC announced Thursday.
Bareilles will replace Nicole Scherzinger, who will serve as a judge on Fox's upcoming fall series The X Factor. The "Love Song" singer will serve alongside fellow celebrity judges Ben Folds and Boyz II Men's Shawn Stockman.
"I love the fact that on this show, the judges are each so rooted in the world they preside over,” said Paul Telegdy, executive vice president of alternative programming at NBC and Universal Media Studios. “Simply put, they can do what the contestants are doing and that means a lot. Sara will bring a sublime technical knowledge and huge appreciation for The Sing-Off."
Bareilles, a three-time Grammy winner, recently released her album Kaleidescope Heart, which earned a Grammy nomination for "King of Anything." She is currently opening for Sugarland this summer and is headlining several shows in the U.S.
The Sing-Off returns Sept. 19.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR