Sara Bareilles Joins 'The Sing-Off,' Replaces Nicole Scherzinger
The singer will serve as a judge on the NBC competition series, alongside Ben Folds and Boyz II Men's Shawn Stockman.
Singer-songwriter Sara Bareilles will join NBC's The Sing-Off as the third celebrity judge, NBC announced Thursday.
Bareilles will replace Nicole Scherzinger, who will serve as a judge on Fox's upcoming fall series The X Factor. The "Love Song" singer will serve alongside fellow celebrity judges Ben Folds and Boyz II Men's Shawn Stockman.
"I love the fact that on this show, the judges are each so rooted in the world they preside over,” said Paul Telegdy, executive vice president of alternative programming at NBC and Universal Media Studios. “Simply put, they can do what the contestants are doing and that means a lot. Sara will bring a sublime technical knowledge and huge appreciation for The Sing-Off."
Bareilles, a three-time Grammy winner, recently released her album Kaleidescope Heart, which earned a Grammy nomination for "King of Anything." She is currently opening for Sugarland this summer and is headlining several shows in the U.S.
The Sing-Off returns Sept. 19.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'