Sara Bareilles Not Returning to NBC's 'Sing-Off'
The singer, who was a judge on season three, is focusing on her music career.
The Sing-Off is going through a change of its own on its judges' panel on the heels of The X Factor, America's Got Talent and The Voice shakeups.
Sara Bareilles, who replaced Nicole Scherzinger on NBC's a capella competition, will not be returning when The Sing-Off returns later this year, The Hollywood Reporter confirms, to focus on her musical endeavors.
Bareilles joined the judges table alongside Boyz II Men's Shawn Stockman and Ben Folds in season three. It is unclear whether Stockman, Folds or host Nick Lachey would be returning for the fourth season, which will premiere as a strip during the holiday season.
Bareilles announced March 27 that she would be embarking on a month-long trek being called the Brave Enough Tour, starting April 25.
Last month, NBC officially renewed The Sing-Off after more than a year off the air. An open search will kick off April 27.
The Sing-Off is produced by One Three Media, Outlaw Entertainment and Sony TV. Mark Burnett, Deb Newmyer and Sam Weisman are executive producers.
EW first reported the news.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack