12:08pm PT by Jethro Nededog
Sarah Jessica Parker's 'Work of Art' Returns for Season 2 (Video)
Remember the elitist tone of Bravo’s Work of Art: The Next Great Artist? We sure do and we are so excited that it’s coming back! The network announced Thursday that the Sarah Jessica Parker exec produced art competition returns for Season 2 on Wednesday, Oct. 12 at 9 p.m. Hello, lover.
We’re most excited to welcome the dry wit and hard to understand accent of mentor Simon de Pury back to our television sets. Host and judge China Chow also returns with her wacky and high end fashion sense. She’ll be joined by returning judges, New York gallery owner Bill Powers and New York Magazine senior art critic Jerry Saltz.
Plus, we have 14 new contestants who we’re sure will try every trick in the book to make us and the judges feel like we just don’t understand their work.
Here’s the full list of contestants from Bravo (and one is named Sucklord, no really):
• Bayete - 34, Hometown: New York, NY
• Michelle - 29, Hometown: Bridgewater, NJ
• Dusty - 32, Hometown: Mountain View, AR
• Jazz-Minh - 33, Hometown: New York, NY
• Kathryn - 29, Hometown: Brooklyn, NY
• Kymia -30, Hometown: New York, NY
• Leon - 31, Hometown: Kedah, Malaysia
• Lola - 24, Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
• Sara - 26, Hometown: New York, NY
• Sarah - 34, Hometown: Cleveland, OH
• Sucklord - 41, Hometown: New York, NY
• Tewz - 30, Hometown: Chicago, IL
• Ugo - 33, Hometown: Paris, France
• Young Sun - 28, Hometown: Morton Grove, IL
Work of Art: The Next Great Artist, is produced by Pretty Matches and Magical Elves for Bravo. Parker is joined by executive producers Dan Cutforth, Jane Lipsitz, Alison Benson and Eli Holzman.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro