Sarah Michelle Gellar Eyes TV Return With Comedy Vehicle
The "Buffy" and "Ringer" actress may board a family sitcom in development at 20th TV.
Sarah Michelle Gellar could soon be headed back to television.
The actress, whose CW vehicle Ringer was canceled at the end of last season, is eying a comedy in development at 20th Century Fox TV.
The Hollywood Reporter confirms that Gellar is circling the role of a wife in the sitcom about what parents do while they're kids aren't at home -- as first reported by TVLine.
Men at Work staff writer Shepard Boucher penned the spec script, and David Hemingson (Don’t Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) and Margaret Riley (Love and Other Drugs) are attached as EPs.
Should the project go to pilot -- the studio will shop it to networks in the coming weeks -- it would be only her second attempt at the genre. Best known for playing lead in dramas Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Ringer, Gellar previously shot an ill-fated comedy pilot for HBO in 2009.
Gellar is repped by ICM.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game