Sarah Silverman Comedy Gets Pilot Order at NBC
The pickup continues NBC's aggressive strategy this development season.
NBC has ordered its Sarah Silverman comedy project to pilot.
From Imagine TV and 20th Century Fox Television, the network landed the single-camera comedy loosely based on Silverman's life after an intense bidding war in August.
The pilot will star Silverman as a woman readjusting to single life following a decadelong live-in relationship. The comic will co-write the project with Dan Sterling and Jon Schroeder, who co-wrote her Comedy Central series The Sarah Silverman Program.
Executive producers on the comedy include Ron Howard, Silverman, Sterling, Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo.
The pilot order comes as the fourth-place network, under NBC Entertainment topper Bob Greenblatt, has been spending big this development season to revive the network.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10