'Saturday Night Live's' Abby Elliott Nabs Lead in Fox Comedy Pilot
The comic would depart the Lorne Michaels sketch comedy should "Ben Fox Is My Manny" receive a series order.
Saturday Night Live could be losing Abby Elliott.
The actress has been tapped to star in Ben Fox Is My Manny, the Fox comedy pilot from Couples Retreat scribe Dana Fox, a studio rep has confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
In the project Elliott would play a single mother who gets an assist from her brother who moves in with her in a bid to help her raise her baby. The title character is described as a heightened version of Fox's brother, Ben Fox.
The writer, whose credits include What Happens in Vegas and Adult Swim's Children's Hospital, is repped by WME and Anonymous Content.
Should Ben Fox receive a series order, Elliott would depart Lorne Michaels' NBC late-night sketch series in favor of the primetime slot at Fox.
Elliott, who joined SNL in 2008, is best known on SNL for her impersonations of Angelina Jolie, Glee's Lea Michele and New Girl's Zooey Deschanel.
She joins the previously cast Maggie Jones and Echo Kellum in the single-camera project from 20th Television and Chernin Entertainment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR