'Saturday Night Live' Kicks Off 2012 With Charles Barkley, Gambling Jokes (Video)
Promos for the former NBA player's third appearance on the show (Jan. 7) poke fun at his admitted problem with betting on sports.
Third time might be the charm for Saturday Night Live host Charles Barkley -- just don't tell him that. The retired NBA player finds the saying outdated.
At least that's what he says in the latest, particularly dry, crop of promos for the NBC series. SNL returns on the first Saturday of the year, Jan. 7, with Barkley and musical guest Kelly Clarkson.
So what can viewers expect from Barkley? His last turn on the show, Jan. 2010, was greeted with mixed reactions.
Barkley is always down to be the butt of a joke though, something that goes a long way with the SNL writers. In the promos he even pokes fun at his admitted gambling addition, which has gotten him into finical trouble over the years and made him the subject of SNL skits when he wasn't in attendance.
Watch the new promos below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR