'SNL' Takes on Jason Collins' Coming Out (Video)
The hosts of the "Fox & Friends" parody make increasingly offensive guesses about which sport they thought would feature the first openly gay player.
Saturday Night Live's cold open tackled NBA player Jason Collins' public revelation this week he is gay -- though the show didn't go as far as to portray Collins on screen.
Instead, its perennially offensive Fox & Friends parody team of Steve Doocy (Taran Killam), Gretchen Carlson (Vanessa Bayer) and Brian Kilmeade (Bobby Moynihan) discussed the monumental sports story in predictably offensive fashion.
The trio asked why Collins was being hailed as a hero. Does being a hero these days just come down to revealing embarrassing personal traits?
“I prefer Asian ladies. I’m a hero," said Doocy.
"“I practice French kissing on my hand," added Kilmeade.
They went on to express their surprise that an NBA player was the first major athlete to come out of the closet.
“I would have figured it’d be in hockey because it’s so close to figure skating," said Doocy. Carlson guessed it would have been an NFL quarterback, because he already touches a man's butt during the game. Kilmeade said he thought it would have been an WNBA player, because a lot of those men look like women.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR