'SNL' Mocks Super Bowl Blackout in Cold Open (Video)
Coverage of the big game devolves into talk of Dan Marino's extramarital affair and Shannon Sharpe's desire to eat a punter.
No matter how uncomfortable the CBS Sports team may have felt during the Super Bowl’s 30-minute blackout, it pales in comparison to the awkwardness their Saturday Night Live parodies exuded during the show’s cold open.
James Brown (Kenan Thompson) tries his best to keep the conversation rolling, but soon finds his colleagues have exhausted their analysis of the blackout.
“As I’ve said seven times in the past fifteen minutes, I can see it having advantages for both sides,” opines retired N.F.L. coach Bill Cowher (Tim Robinson).
After more time passes and more obvious comments are spoken, Shannon Sharpe (Jay Pharoah) loses it, imagining what he would be thinking if he were on the field:
“I start to think, who on this team are we going to eat first? The obvious choice is the punter, because he’s easiest to catch,” Sharpe says. “But then if you need a punter later in the game you don’t have one, because you ate him.”
Soon Brown brings up Dan Marino’s (Jason Sudeikis) recently revealed extramarital affair, which brings out more revelations, including Sharpe saying that Baltimore Raven Ray Lewis (in real life, once indicted in the death of two men) was a murderer. Sharpe decides to exit the stadium before Lewis finishes the game.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game