'Saturday Night Live' Season 38 Premiere Date Announced
The new season kicks off without Kristen Wiig, Andy Samberg and Abby Elliott on Sept. 15.
Saturday Night Live has set a premiere date.
The 38th season of NBC's late-night show will kick off Saturday, Sept. 15 with a host and musical guest to be announced shortly.
The announcement was made on the SNL blog: "Well it's official, summer is winding down. And while we're sad to say goodbye to sun, shorts and the beach, we are excited to say hello to all of our friends and fans when we return for the Season 38 premiere on September 15th!! It's been so long; we've missed you! So take advantage of these last few weeks of summer, hit up all the spots Stefon recommends and we will see you soon! Cannot wait."
When SNL begins, it won't be without major changes. Kristen Wiig, Andy Samberg and Abby Elliott are departing the series, while Jason Sudeikis' future remains up in the air. NBC is expected to add additional cast members for its 38th season.
NBC is reviving Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday for episodes in primetime on Sept. 20 and 27, in time for the presidential election in November.
Who do you think should host the premiere?
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack