'Scandal' Books John Barrowman
The "Arrow" actor will reteam with Shonda Rhimes for a May episode of the ABC sophomore drama.
John Barrowman is reteaming with Shonda Rhimes.
The Torchwood alum has booked a guest-starring role on Rhimes' hot second-year drama Scandal, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Rhimes took to her Twitter page late Tuesday to share the news.
This marks the second time Barrowman has worked with Rhimes: He starred in the Scandal and Grey's Anatomy creator's 2012 ABC drama pilot Gilded Lilys, which did not move forward at the network.
Details on whom Barrowman would play were not immediately available. He'll appear in the May 9 episode, Scandal's penultimate hour of the season. Barrowman is the latest high-profile actor to head to Scandal -- Fringe's Jasika Nicole will guest star in Scandal's next original episode on April 25.
Barrowman currently is recurring on The CW's freshman drama Arrow.
Scandal airs Thursdays at 10 p.m. on ABC.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR