'Scandal' Recruits 'Private Practice's' Paul Adelstein for Season 3
He'll return to Shondaland following his six-season run on ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" spinoff.
Paul Adelstein is returning to Shondaland.
The Private Practice star, who wrapped the Grey's Anatomy spinoff in January, has booked a trip to Shonda Rhimes' Scandal, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by TV Line, Adelstein will recur on the upcoming third season of ABC's breakout hit. Details on who he'll play are being kept under wraps.
He becomes the latest actor to join his/her spouse on the series. Adelstein's wife, Liza Weil, played the ill-fated White House intern Amanda Tanner during the drama's seven-episode freshman season. Katie Lowes' (Quinn) husband, Adam Shapiro, guest-starred as her former boyfriend and Jeff Perry's wife, Linda Lowy, works as the casting director on Scandal.
Adelstein, who played fan favorite Cooper on Private Practice, most recently co-starred in CBS' single-camera family comedy pilot from Julie Rottenberg and Elisa Zuritsky opposite Debra Messing. He's repped by Abrams Artists Agency, Principal Entertainment and Gang Tyre.
Adelstein joins Friends alum Lisa Kudrow, who also landed a recurring role on Scandal's third season, premiering Oct. 3 on ABC. Hit the comments below with your thoughts on the casting. Who do you think he should play? And how much longer until KaDee Strickland books a visit to Scandal?
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR