'Scandal': 'Everwood's' Tom Amandes to Reunite With Brenda Strong (Exclusive)
ABC's Scandal is staging an Everwood reunion.
Tom Amandes, who played the stuffy Dr. Harold Abbott on the WB/CW series, has been tapped to guest star on Shonda Rhimes' Washington, D.C.-set political fixer drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Amandes will play Governor Reston opposite Brenda Strong, who as was previously reported will play his first lady, and appear in at least one episode of the Kerry Washington starrer's second season.
The casting marks a mini-Everwood reunion of sorts for the duo. Strong appeared in flashbacks of the 2002-06 drama, playing Dr. Andy Brown's (Treat Williams) late wife, Julie.
Amandes, who has also appeared on Rhimes' Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice, most recently had an arc on NBC's Parenthood, Hart of Dixie and Fairly Legal. He's repped by the Kohner Agency and Magnolia Entertainment.
Scandal returns Thursday, Sept. 27 at 10 p.m. on ABC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR