'Scandal' Star Kerry Washington to Host 'SNL'; Eminem to Perform
The news of Washington's hosting gig comes on the heels of "SNL" star Kenan Thompson publicly lamenting the lack of black female cast members.
Kerry Washington is set to make her debut on Saturday Night Live.
The Emmy-nominated star of ABC's Scandal is set to host the NBC show on Nov. 2. Eminem, whose new album, The Marshall Mathers LP 2, will be released Nov. 5, will serve as the night's musical guest; it marks his sixth appearance on the show.
The news of Washington's hosting gig comes on the heels of a TV Guide interview with SNL star Kenan Thompson, who lamented the lack of black female cast members.
"It's just a tough part of the business," Thompson said. "Like in auditions, they just never find ones that are ready."
Meanwhile, Oscar-nominated actor Edward Norton is set to make his own debut as SNL host the week before Washington. Norton next appears in the films The Grand Budapest Hotel and Birdman.
Janelle Monae will serve as musical guest that night, marking her first appearance on the show.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed