Science Channel Sets Michael Crichton Project
Discovery also sets premiere date for "Rising: Rebuilding Ground Zero" miniseries.
The Science Channel is getting into the Michael Crichton business.
The Discovery-owned network has set a special, The World of Michael Crichton, to air next year in a project revolving around the best-selling sci-fi author.
With credits including Jurassic Park and NBC’s long-running ER, the special will look at the author’s personal and professional life. Karga 7 will produce, with Kelly McPherson, Miriam Leffert, Sarah Wetherbee, Emre Sahin, Laurent Bouzereau and Josh Berkley executive producing.
In addition, Discovery has set an Aug. 25 premiere date for its Steven Spielberg-executive produced miniseries Rising: Rebuilding Ground Zero.The two-week television event will air commercial free starting at 8 p.m.
The miniseries will showcase the men and women determined to rebuild and restore the site of the World Trade Center and construction the new 104-story One World Trade Center.
The six-hour special will conclude Sept. 1 and run as a daylong marathon on Science Channel on Sunday, Sept. 11, starting at 5 p.m. to commemorate the 10-year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR