Scott Porter Cast in Josh Schwartz's 'Hart of Dixie' Pilot
The "Friday Night Lights" star joins Rachel Bilson in the CW drama project.
Friday Night Lights' Scott Porter has joined the cast of the CW drama pilot Hart of Dixie.
The project, from Warner Bros. Television andJ osh Schwartz's Fake Empire, centers ona young Manhattan doctor (Rachel Bilson) who inherits a medical practice in a small Southern town populated by an eccentric group of characters.
Porter, who currently plays in-house investigator Blake Calamar on CBS' The Good Wife, will play the part of George Tucker. He joins Bilson, who worked with Schwartz and his production partner Stephanie Savage on The OC, as well as previously cast Jaime King, Wilson Bethel and Cress Williams.
Leila Gerstein (Eli Stone) will write and executive produce the pilot, with Schwartz, Savage and Len Goldstein serving as executive producers. The trio have another pilot, Georgetown, in contention at ABC. Jason Ensler (Franklin & Bash, Kath & Kim) has been tapped to direct the pilot. Both Gerstein and Ensler have worked with Schwartz and Savage on their CW hit Gossip Girl.
Porter is repped by the Gersh Agency and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)