Second 'Malibu Country' Showrunner Departs
Nastaran Dibai has stepped down as the head of the freshman Reba McEntire comedy, following creator Kevin Abbott out the door.
ABC's first-year comedy Malibu Country has lost its second showrunner.
Nastaran Dibai is stepping down as showrunner on the Reba McEntire starrer, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by EW, the executive producer will leave the bubble series, which already has wrapped production on its first season. She becomes the second showrunner to exit the comedy this season. The Retired at 35 and According to Jim alum stepped in to replace series creator Kevin Abbott at the helm of the series in November. Abbott exited the series -- as well as ABC's sophomore Tim Allen vehicle Last Man Standing -- in the fall when he entered rehab.
Malibu earned an additional five episodes this season, just short of a full season for the freshman entry that bowed later this season. While the status of the Friday series -- which is averaging a respectable 7 million total viewers and a 1.7 rating -- is up in the air, a new showrunner would be tapped for when and if it returns. No decisions have been made on who that might be should the show continue.
The news comes a day after Revenge creator/showrunner Mike Kelley exited the second-year ABC drama.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR