'Secret Life of the American Teenager' Adds 'Suite Life' Actress as New Series Regular (Exclusive)
Cierra Ramirez will join the ABC Family series as a pregnant freshman whom Amy takes under her wing.
A new student is enrolling in ABC Family's The Secret Life of the American Teenager.
Former Suite Life of Zack and Cody actress Cierra Ramirez has joined the cast as a new series regular, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
On the drama about teen pregnancy starring Shailene Woodley, Ramirez will play Kathy, a new freshman who enrolls at Grant High who is six months pregnant but plans to give the baby up for adoption. Woodley's Amy will serve as her mentor in the episode, which will mark the series' 100th.
Ramirez begins shooting this week on the series, which will see her character live with her grandmother.
In addition to appearing in five episodes of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Ramirez's credits include episodes of My Own Worst Enemy and Desperate Housewives. She's repped by the Corsa Agency, Management Production Entertainment and Hirsch Wallerstein. She'll next appear in the feature Girl in Progress alongside Eva Mendes, due May 11.
Secret Life returns for its spring premiere Monday, March 26 at 8 p.m.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)