'Secret Life of the American Teenager' Actress to Co-Star in Nick's 'Wendell & Vinnie' (Exclusive)
Natalie Dreyfuss will replace Hayley Strode in the series, while Chico Benymon will star in Nickelodeon's "The Haunted Hathaways" pilot.
Nick at Nite is tweaking upcoming comedy Wendell & Vinnie.
Two months after unveiling an ambitious slate with more than a dozen live-action, animated and TV movie projects, Nick at Nite has recast the female lead in Wendell & Vinnie, tapping Secret Life of the American Teenager's Natalie Dreyfuss to replace Hayley Strode in the series.
The actress will take over the female lead opposite iCarly's Jerry Trainor's Vinnie and play his neighbor, Taryn, a divorced woman who bonds with Vinnie and his 12-year-old nephew, Wendell (Buddy Handelson).
Dreyfuss played Chloe on a handful of episodes of the recently canceled ABC Family series, which will wrap its run following its upcoming fifth season. In addition, the Greene & Associates-repped actress' credits include Rita Rocks and episodes of House, New Girl and Weeds.
Nickelodeon greenlit 20 episodes of the series, from scribe Jay Kogen (Frasier), in August.
Additionally, Half & Half alum Chico Benymon has nabbed the male lead in Nickelodeon pilot The Haunted Hathaway. The pilot, from Robert Peacock (Reba), revolves around siblings who move into a haunted mansion. Benymon will Ray Preston, the father two boys, one of whom is a ghost. The Buchwald/Fortitude-repped actor's credits include Hollywood Heights and The Game.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR