'Seinfeld' Reunion Staged in New York
Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Alexander and Larry David filmed an unknown project inside the restaurant that served as the inspiration for the NBC series' iconic diner.
Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Alexander and Larry David had a Seinfeld reunion on Monday at Tom's Restaurant in New York, the exterior of which was pictured as the outside of Monk's Cafe on the NBC sitcom.
Seinfeld and Alexander were spotted walking outside the restaurant, with Alexander wearing a particularly George Costanza-like outfit.
But why did the famous funnymen get together? Camera equipment was spotted inside the restaurant, according to a report on Gothamist, which confirmed that Tom's was closed for a few hours on Monday and pointed out that there were cables shown going into the restaurant and the shades were down, in addition to the cameras inside.
VIDEO: Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars' Returns in January
Some of the equipment said "Comedians," suggesting the trio was filming one of Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee episodes, but maybe they were shooting something else, like a Super Bowl commercial.
A rep for Seinfeld said he couldn't tell The Hollywood Reporter what they were filming, while Alexander's rep declined to comment.
Check out a couple of the tweets and photos onlookers posted on Monday.
— Ali Phil (@ClubAliP) January 13, 2014
— Alex Kalicki (@AlexKalicki) January 13, 2014
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR