'Seinfeld's' Michael Richards Joins Kirstie Alley's TV Land Comedy
He'll make his series TV return in "Giant Baby," the comedy co-starring Rhea Perlman.
Michael Richards is plotting a return to TV.
The Seinfeld alum has been tapped to co-star opposite Cheers duo Kirstie Alley and Rhea Perlman in TV Land's comedic pilot Giant Baby, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Created by Marco Pennette, the comedy revolves around Broadway star Madison Banks (Alley), who reconnects with her long-lost son after the death of his adopted mother. Richards will play Maddie's limo driver, with Gilles Marini (Brothers & Sisters) also booking a guest-star gig as her chef. Perlman will play her assistant and best friend.
The casting marks the Emmy-winning actor's first potential series regular role since his November 2006 debacle when he responded to heckling during a stand-up set at the Laugh Factory with a racially tinged tirade that put him in hot water.
More recently, the actor otherwise known as Jerry's neighbor Kramer, has guest starred on a Seinfeld reunion episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm and Seinfeld's web series Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.
Richards is repped by Abrams Artists Agency and Jackoway Tyerman.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR