'Seinfeld's' Michael Richards Joins Kirstie Alley's TV Land Comedy
He'll make his series TV return in "Giant Baby," the comedy co-starring Rhea Perlman.
Michael Richards is plotting a return to TV.
The Seinfeld alum has been tapped to co-star opposite Cheers duo Kirstie Alley and Rhea Perlman in TV Land's comedic pilot Giant Baby, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Created by Marco Pennette, the comedy revolves around Broadway star Madison Banks (Alley), who reconnects with her long-lost son after the death of his adopted mother. Richards will play Maddie's limo driver, with Gilles Marini (Brothers & Sisters) also booking a guest-star gig as her chef. Perlman will play her assistant and best friend.
The casting marks the Emmy-winning actor's first potential series regular role since his November 2006 debacle when he responded to heckling during a stand-up set at the Laugh Factory with a racially tinged tirade that put him in hot water.
More recently, the actor otherwise known as Jerry's neighbor Kramer, has guest starred on a Seinfeld reunion episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm and Seinfeld's web series Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.
Richards is repped by Abrams Artists Agency and Jackoway Tyerman.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR