Seth MacFarlane Tapped to Host Charlie Sheen Roast
The prolific writer-director will oversee the Comedy Central's upcoming special.
Seth MacFarlane has been tapped to emcee next month’s Comedy Central roast of Charlie Sheen.
The prolific writer-director will host the Sept. 10 event taking place in Los Angeles and set for broadcast on Sept. 19 at 10 p.m. – the same night as CBS’ Two and a Half Men season premiere in which Ashton Kutcher’s character will be introduced.
The Sheen gig brings MacFarlane’s roast hosting duties to three.
“In addition to his sharp wit, Seth is way more suave and sophisticated than we are,” Comedy Central head of original programming and production Kent Alterman said in a statement announcing the news Thursday. “We continue to try and soil him.”
Added MacFarlane: “I’m very excited to work with Comedy Central again on the roast. “Charlie is a true icon with a talent that is strong and pure and concentrated into small crystals which can be smoked or eaten.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR