Seth MacFarlane Tapped to Host Charlie Sheen Roast
The prolific writer-director will oversee the Comedy Central's upcoming special.
Seth MacFarlane has been tapped to emcee next month’s Comedy Central roast of Charlie Sheen.
The prolific writer-director will host the Sept. 10 event taking place in Los Angeles and set for broadcast on Sept. 19 at 10 p.m. – the same night as CBS’ Two and a Half Men season premiere in which Ashton Kutcher’s character will be introduced.
The Sheen gig brings MacFarlane’s roast hosting duties to three.
“In addition to his sharp wit, Seth is way more suave and sophisticated than we are,” Comedy Central head of original programming and production Kent Alterman said in a statement announcing the news Thursday. “We continue to try and soil him.”
Added MacFarlane: “I’m very excited to work with Comedy Central again on the roast. “Charlie is a true icon with a talent that is strong and pure and concentrated into small crystals which can be smoked or eaten.”
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR