'Sex and the City' Scribe, 'Gossip Girl' EP Team for ABC Drama
Mark Gordon, Candace Bushnell adapting "One Fifth Avenue" with Josh Safran set to pen the project.
Sex and the City author Candace Bushnell is going into business with ABC.
The network, is adapting Bushnell’s 2008 book One Fifth Avenue, with Gossip Girl executive producer Josh Safran attached to pen the adaption. Grey’s Anatomy's Mark Gordon will produce.
Titled One Fifth, the project is being described as Sex and the City meets The Good Wife and follows columnist Cassie Bingham as she moves back to her downtown apartment located at One Fifth Avenue to reassess her life after her husband asks for a separation.
Bingham winds up back in her old Upper East Side world when she’s called upon to investigate a scandal in her building that traces back to the world from which she was banished, reconnecting with old friends and lovers along the way.
Safran will pen the project, with Gordon and Bushnell attached to produce.
Gordon has been a busy man this development season, with multiple projects set up at networks including USA, TNT and ABC, where he also has a pair of comedies and another drama set up.
Safran, meanwhile, has been with Gossip Girl since 2007, working as a writer, consulting producer, co-executive producer and exec producer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR