Bravo Renews 'Shahs of Sunset' for Second Season
After its finale became its most-watched episode, Bravo has picked up the Ryan Seacrest Productions series for a sophomore year.
Amid ratings highs last Sunday, Bravo has announced that it has renewed the Ryan Seacrest Productions series, Shahs of Sunset.
The show following upwardly mobile Iranian-Americans living in Beverly Hills scored its most-watched episode with more than 1.5 million total viewers tuning into last Sunday’s finale. According to the cable channel, the finale attracted 1 million viewers in the ad-coveted adults 18-49 group, a 20 percent increase over the previous episode.
Shah’s audience may have been bolstered by its lead-in, The Real Housewives of Atlanta Reunion Part 1. The special delivered its highest viewed reunion audience of the entire series with 3.1 million viewers tuning in and 2.1 million in the ad demo. According to Nielsen, the one-hour reunion made Bravo the No. 1 watched cable network at 9 p.m. on Sunday.
The Shahs cast also appeared on Andy Cohen’s Watch What Happens Live Sunday evening, which earned 1.4 million total viewers and 942,000 viewers in the ad-coveted demo representing a 31 percent and 44 percent, respectively, over the previous Sunday’s episode.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR