Shain Gandee's Family: 'Buckwild' Star 'Died Peacefully in His Sleep'
The 21-year-old may be laid to rest on Saturday.
A relative of Buckwild star Shain Gandee, who was found dead Monday in a vehicle along with his uncle and friend, says arrangements are being made for a funeral that may take place on Saturday.
An update Tuesday on the Facebook page of Gandee's General Store, which is owned by the 21-year-old's cousin Ashley Gandee Lewis, reads: "I just wanted to let everyone know that the family feels that Shain died peacefully in his sleep without pain or suffering. That it probably was carbon monoxide. They are making arrangement[s] now for his funeral. Nothing is confirmed but they are thinking Saturday."
Gandee attended the grand opening of Lewis' Crown City, Ohio-based store on Saturday. In photos from the event, he looks happy and carefree in a camouflage hat and gray T-shirt emblazoned with an image of a truck.
Lewis did not immediately respond to THR's requests for comment.
An official cause of death is pending. Dan Humphries, spokesman for the sheriff's department in Kanawha County in West Virginia, told THR that speculation of carbon monoxide poisoning is "not irresponsible."
MTV, which airs Buckwild, has halted any decisions regarding the upcoming second season of its hit series. Producer J.P. Williams said that production had been suspended but the fate of the series will not be decided for a couple of weeks.
Gandee was reported missing over the weekend, having last been seen at 3 a.m. Sunday at a local bar. According to reports, he told bar patrons that he was going off-roading, or "mudding," as it's called on the show.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)