'Shameless' Actress Books NBC Comedy 'Brenda Forever'
Daija Owens has joined the Ellie Kemper-toplined comedy pilot.
NBC's Brenda Forever is rounding out its cast.
Shameless actress Daija Owens has been added to the half-hour single-camera comedy pilot starring Ellie Kemper, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
In Brenda Forever, stories from Brenda Miller's past and present are interwoven to give a unique portrait of how the chubby, awkward, but incredibly confident 13-year-old grew up to be a 31-year-old woman (Kemper) who still marches to the beat of her own drum.
Owens, who starred in NBC's short-lived comedy Best Friends Forever, will play a young Pearl Gardner, Brenda's best friend. Never seen without Skittles or Pez, Pearl is self-effacing and doesn't put up a fuss when things don't go her way. Da'vine Joy Randolph plays the adult version. MadTV's Stephnie Weir co-stars.
David Lampson and Andrew Leeds are set to write and executive produce the pilot, which is based on a spec script that the network nabbed following a bidding war with Fox. Rescue Me’s Peter Tolan and Michael Wimer (2012) will join them as EPs on the Sony TV/Tolan and Wimer’s Fedora Entertainment production.
Owens is repped by Abrams Artists Agency.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera