'Shameless' Adds 'Walking Dead' Alum for Season 4 (Exclusive)
James Allen McCune is joined by Danika Yarosh on the Showtime series.
Shameless is adding two new characters for season four.
The Walking Dead grad James Allen McCune, who played Beth's boyfriend Jimmy in the second season of AMC's hit, and See Dad Run actress Danika Yarosh have joined the Showtime drama in recurring capacities, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
McCune will appear in multiple episodes as Matt, a shy, sweet, inexperienced 20-year-old who takes a shine to Debbie Gallagher (Emma Kenney), who may end up being far more grown up than he is.
Yarosh is set to play Holly, a 15-year-old helping Debbie transition out of childhood and into the more grown-up world of boys and girls.
When Shameless returns for the new season, Justin Chatwin -- who had played Fiona Gallagher (Emmy Rossum)'s on-again, off-again love interest Steve Wilton/Jimmy Lishman -- will no longer be a series regular.
The drama was up year-over-year in its third season, prompting an early renewal in January, after only three episodes.
Repped by Progressive Artists Agency and Pop Art Management, McCune appeared in Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's Snitch and guest-starred on Homeland. Yarosh, repped by Paradigm and Curtis Talent Management, has appeared in 1600 Penn, In Plain Sight and Law & Order: SVU.
Shameless returns for season four on Jan. 12, 2014 on Showtime.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR