'Shameless' Helmer to Direct NBC's 'Bad Girls' Pilot (Exclusive)
John Dahl reunites with John Wells for the adaptation of the long-running U.K. series.
NBC's Bad Girls reboot is getting a bit more shameless.
Helmer John Dahl is set to direct the drama pilot, joining Shameless showrunner John Wells on the adaptation of the long-running U.K. series, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Following the ins and outs of a group of unlikely women in a federal prison who struggle with loyalties to people on the inside and outside, Shameless writer-producer Nancy Pimental is writing the pilot and will executive produce alongside Wells, who serves as showrunner on the Showtime Emmy Rossum dramedy. Shameless' Andrew Stearn will also exec produce the Warner Bros. Television, Shed Media and John Wells Productions' pilot.
Dahl, repped by UTA, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Hansen Jacobson, has directed episodes of Shameless, The Vampire Diaries, Californication and Dexter, among other series.
Bad Girls, which is still finalizing its cast, so far includes Jurnee Smollett, Rick Gonzalez and Zoe Boyle.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!