'Shameless' Freshman Season Ends on Strong Note
"Californication" attracted 1.06 million total viewers on Sunday for its fourth season finale.
Shameless has proven to be a good bet for Showtime.
Sunday night’s season ender drew the network’s biggest audience for a freshman show in a decade, with 1.51 million viewers tuning in for the entire night, beating the previous record holder Queer as Folk (1.49 million) in 2001.
At 10 p.m., 1.16 million viewers tuned in, up 18 percent from the series premiere, which was just below the 1 million mark (982,000). Shameless added an extra 352,000 viewers at 11 p.m.
The fourth season finale of Californication drew 1.06 million total viewers for the night, including the 9 p.m. (547,000) and midnight telecasts.
The series experienced a slight 7 percent dip in viewership compared with Season 3, when it had a stronger lead-in with Dexter.
Both Shameless and Californication have been renewed for second and fifth seasons, respectively.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!