'Shameless,' 'House of Lies,' 'Californication' Renewed at Showtime
All three series are up year-over-year on the premium cable network, and are set to return to 2014.
Following record-setting premieres earlier this month, Showtime is renewing its Sunday night line-up of Shameless, House of Lies and Californication.
"Californication, House of Lies and Shameless possess highly distinctive comedic voices, and given that all three continue to grow their audience season after season – the pick-up decision was easy. I am incredibly excited to see what each of these series has in store for their next seasons," said Showtime entertainment chief David Nevins in a statement announcing the news Tuesday. Production for the new seasons of all three Los Angeles-based series will kick-off later this year, with debuts set for 2014.
PHOTOS: THR's Cover Shoot With the Stars of Showtime
The John Wells produced dramedy Shameless is currently up 22 percent in its third season, with 5.4 million viewers, on average, tuning in weekly across multiple platforms. The premium cable network's Don Cheadle led management consultant ensemble House of Lies is garnering 3.2 weekly viewers, up 10 percent from its first season, while David Duchovny's Californication is set to return for a seventh season as its sixth is currently averaging 3.1 million weekly viewers, up 21 percent from the series’ fifth season.
The renewal news comes as Showtime continues its rise, both in subscribers (now more than 22 million) and accolades (led by CIA thriller Homeland) . Looking ahead, the network is set to add two new dramas later this year: Liev Schreiber's Ray Donovan, which will be paired with Dexter in June, and Lizzy Caplan's Masters of Sex, which will run with Homeland beginning in September.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack