'Shameless' Promotes Zach McGowan to Series Regular
The series starts production on Season 3 in July.
Shameless is holding on to its new hunk for Season 3. A Showtime spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Zach McGowan has been promoted to a series regular for Season 3.
McGowan plays Jody, the recovering sex addict who has come between Karen (Laura Wiggins) and Lip’s (Jeremy Allen White) relationship.
He also plays Jagger in the web series, Dating Rules From My Future Self. McGowan isn’t a newcomer to the industry. He has made appearances on numerous shows, including Body of Proof, Good Luck Charlie, CSI: Miami, and Cold Case. The native New Yorker’s film credits include Terminator Salvation and The Hunt for Eagle One.
Showtime renewed Shameless earlier this month for a third season. And this past Sunday’s episode attracted its biggest audience to date with 2.07 million viewers. Currently, the series ranks as the network’s No. 2 rated show behind Dexter. Production on Season 3 begins in July.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws