'Shark Week' Debut Night Makes a Splash in the Ratings
Discovery Channel's ode to the killer predator attracts more than 6 million viewers to its first night of new programming.
Discovery Channel’s yearly ode to the killer predator, Shark Week, made a splash with more than 6 million viewers to its Sunday night premieres.
Great White Invasion, which kicked off the week's programming at 9 p.m., attracted 3.3 million total viewers. It was the No. 3 primetime cable program that evening among adults 18-49.
The second premiere of the night, Jaws Come Home, at 10 p.m. was watched by 3 million viewers. It earned the No. 1 spot among primetime cable programs on Sunday among adults 18-49 and Males 18-34.
This is Discovery Channel’s 24th year of Shark Week programming. Saturday Night Live’s Adam Samberg will be hosting all week.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR