July 11, 2013 8:46pm PT by THR staff
'Sharknado': Syfy Movie's 5 Most Groan-Inducing Lines of Dialogue
Ian Ziering and Tara Reid battle ferocious sharks falling from the sky in Syfy's latest movie, Sharknado, which debuted Thursday night.
The premise is pretty much what you'd expect: Los Angeles gets hit by a tornado filled with sharks, who pummel and attack innocent bystanders. (Well, wouldn’t you be angry if you got swept up in a massive tornado, spun around at hundreds of miles per hour and then flung to the ground?)
In the movie, Reid and Ziering play ex-spouses named April and the appropriately monikered Fin. He's a bar owner who sets out to save his ex-wife and their kids once the storm hits.
The script was rich with dialogue that could only be described as (intentionally?) hilarious … or groan-inducing. Here are five of the most memorable lines from the movie:
1. "Looks like it's that time of the month" -- spoken after a shark attacks a man in a house, which then becomes flooded with bloody water.
2. "Need a lift?" -- Fin to a busload of school kids after he rappels down a rope to rescue them.
3. "They took my grandfather. So I really hate sharks." -- Nova (Cassie Scerbo), explaining why she, um, really hates sharks.
4. "That pet store's got everything we need. Except for piranhas."
5. "Sharks in a tornado. Sharknado. Simply stunning."
Watch the trailer for the movie below.