'Sharknado' Star Heads to ABC Family's 'Baby Daddy'
Cassie Scerbo, who recently starred in the Syfy telepic, is returning to the cable network where she was a regular on "Make It or Break It."
Sharknado actress Cassie Scerbo is heading back to ABC Family.
Scerbo, who starred in the cable network's gymnastics drama Make It or Break It, has landed a recurring role on Baby Daddy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The actress will appear in two episodes of the comedy as Riley's (Chelsea Kane) former archenemy/best friend Heather, described as beautiful, successful, driven, confident and calculating. Riley and Heather used to spend every summer together when they were teens at sports camp, fighting on the field and over boys -- Heather always won. Scerbo begins shooting her episode this week.
ABC Family renewed Baby Daddy for a third season in March, ahead of the season-two premiere. Baby Daddy centers on Ben (Jean-Luc Bilodeau), a guy in his 20s whose ex-girlfriend leaves her baby on his doorstep.
Scerbo, who played Nova Clarke in the Syfy telepic, is repped by APA and Strong Management. Scerbo's other credits include Hot in Cleveland and lending her voice to Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja.
Baby Daddy airs Wednesdays on ABC Family.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR